10 Best Burgers in San Diego (10 to 6)
10. Tioli’s Crazee Burger. North Park on 4201 30th Street, (619) 282-6044. This is not your basic burger. Tioli’s makes burgers from ingredients including brie cheese, venison, gator, kangaroo, or buffalo to make the most unique gourmet burgers in town. Try #22, the Hamburg, a burger made with half pork half beef. Prices are reasonable, from $6 to $8 for most burgers.
9. Burger Lounge. Four locations in San Diego. The one in Little Italy on 1608 India Street is open until midnight on the Friday and Saturday. The grilled lounge burger is the only option. Premium ingredients are the difference here.
8. Mr. Peabody’s Burgers & Ale. 6110 Friars Rd Ste 108, at Via Las Cumbres – (619) 542-1786. Chili burgers and basic burgers are good here. Turkey burgers are $3.50 on Wednesdays. Solid, consistent bar food and breakfast.
7. Classics Malt Shop. 3615 Midway Drive, (619) 226-1600. This is the only worthwhile restaurant on Midway Drive. A small 50s style diner with classic malts and food. The burgers here are always solid and they sell Ostrich and Buffalo burgers if you want to try something new. They have a classic car show once a week on Fridays from 6 to 9 pm.
6. The Waterfront Bar and Grill. 2044 Kettner Blvd, 619-232-9656. If you are downtown or anywhere near Little Italy and want a burger, come here. They have a bar with the best bartenders and great half pound burgers. Get the Bubba Burger with bacon and cheddar cheese or my favorite, the Blue Cheese Bacon Burger. Plenty of beers on tap to order while you wait. Two for one burgers on Monday from 4pm to 9pm.