10. Seaport Village. 831 West Harbor Drive, Downtown. The southern end of San Diego’s downtown next to it’s harbor is one of San Diego’s finest tourist traps. It is fun to walk around and see the shops and harbor but if you want good San Diego food do not eat here. Instead hop over to Karl Strauss Brewery & Restaurant, 1157 Columbia Street, Downtown San Diego north of Broadway or to Phil’s BBQ on 3750 Sports Arena Boulevard.
9. Mount Soledad. San Diego. This point has the most spectacular views in San Diego so bring your camera and come on the clearest possible day. You will see La Jolla, Downtown, Mission Valley, and more. Bring a jacket, it is always windy on Mount Soledad. The monument honors living and fallen US soldiers. See San Diego’s 10 Best Parks and Recreation
8. Sea World. San Diego. San Diego’s Sea World is a major outdoor attraction located minutes from Ocean Beach, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, and Downtown. Home of the famous black and white killer whale named Shamu who performs a show in a multimillion gallon tank.
7. Cabrillo National Monument. Point Loma. Once home to the tallest lighthouse in the United States and a battery of guns designed to protect the US coast during World War II. Cabrillo National Monument is most well known as the first place European explorers arrived on the now west coast of the US in 1542. A Spanish captain named Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo led the group of conquistadors. See San Diego’s 10 Best Parks and Recreation
6. Beaches. Located along San Diego’s coast. San Diego is known to have good beach weather almost year round. Even in the winter temperatures can reach into the 80s. If surfing is your sport read this article: 10 Best Surf Spots in San Diego. For a college and 20s singles crowd go to Pacific Beach or take our family for fun in the sun at Coronado Beach located on Coronado Island. I prefer the hidden beach located in the park below the cliffs at the end of Sunset Cliffs. Rarely ever crowded and I can unleash my dog on the beach without worries. See San Diego’s 10 Best Beaches